T: 214.306.9334 | E: email@example.com | Dallas
Tom, founder and principal in Indigo Group & IF Motivated, LLC heads our Dallas, Texas office. Tom’s decision to launch these companies was guided by his passion: education – believing that if we can counsel, coach, or teach another, then we all grow. After practicing law for almost two decades and working in a national business that faced significant challenges, Tom learned that education is dynamic, progressive, and continuous. Tom’s goal is to introduce disruptive educational models into our portfolio companies.
Prior to founding Indigo and IF Motivated, Tom was a founding member of a full service New York / New Jersey law firm, with offices in Manhattan and Hoboken. Tom handled commercial real estate issues, including land use matters; conducted mid-market mergers and acquisitions; drafted, negotiated, and interpreted contracts; counseled clients regarding corporate structure, partnership agreements, employment law, and joint venture agreements; and formulated risk management strategies. Tom also led the operations and legal concerns for an organization of 170+ employees, with offices from California to New York, in its efforts to improve its business operations and design a national platform for its energy and lighting control services. This latter experience included the company facing cash flow pressures combined with an accounting investigation, teaching Tom the liabilities of weak controls as well as the benefits of effective, diligent business operations.
In addition to the above professional activities, Tom is founding partner in Foley Shechter, a boutique New York & New Jersey law firm, and has served as visiting professor, teaching judicial process and constitutional law as well as coach for little league baseball and basketball.
Tom’s focus on values; effective management; experience designing innovative, balanced business processes; strong written and oral skills; and understanding of the unique role of legal regulations in the business environment, create a solid platform for operating our portfolio companies and guiding our clients.
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Member, State Bar of New Jersey, 1993
- Member, State Bar of Pennsylvania, 1993
- Member, State Bar of New York, 1994
- Member, United States District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Member, United States District Court, New Jersey
- Board Member, Beyond the Boroughs, New York
- Board Member, The Wilkinson Center, Dallas
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- Member, Villanova Law School’s moot court national competition, Tampa, FL
- Secretary, Student Bar Association
- Colgate University, Hamilton, New York, B.A., Economics and Political Science; Dean’s List